In this article, you will get to know more about how you bulk upload your buyer data.
This article will go into detail on how you upload your buyer data into Turis all at once. All you need to do, is to fill in your data into the Turis buyer template and upload it.
The following guideline will take your through the steps of you do this.
- The steps in Bulk Uploading your buyer data:
What is the difference between a Retailer and a Buyer?
In Turis we distinguish between Retailers and Buyers in the following way:
- A Retailer is a company and/or physical store that resells your products
- A Buyer is a specific person working at a Retailer. This is the actual person that is ordering your products on behalf of the Retailer
This means that there can be several Buyers connected to a single Retailer, but not several Retailers connected to one Buyer.
Step 1: Download template
Go to 🛠️ Tools in the menu on the left-hand side, followed by clicking on Bulk uploader. Your window should look like this now.
Now click on "Select from list" and the dropdown will unfold, for you to choose what type of data upload you want to do. Here you select "Buyers".
Your window should now look like this.
Here you click on the "Download template" button, to download the Turis buyer template CSV.
🔔 Please note: if you need to convert the CSV into an excel file you can follow these four simple steps:
1. Open the file and go to the Data tab in excel
2. Click on Text to Columns
3. Now choose Delimited and click next >
4. Finally, click on comma and click finish
The buyer template has now been converted into a regular excel sheet.
🔔 Please note: you can also use Google Sheets, if you are not using Microsoft Excel.
Step 2: Fill in your buyer data
Some fields are required to be filled out, in order to upload the Turis buyer template. The table below will explain what all the fields mean.
💡 Pro Tip! to save yourself time and resources, you can extract your buyer data from your ERP or accounting system and copy it into the Turis buyer template.
|Buyer no||the buyer number or buyer ID|
|First name * (required)||the first name of the buyer. Here you can either type in the actual first name of the buyer, to make it more specific. Or you can use the company's/retailer's name to make it more generic|
|Last name||the last name of the buyer|
|Company name * (required)||
the name of the company/retailer the buyer is connected to. Here use the exact name of the company/retailer this specific buyer should be linked to.
This means if the buyer should be connected to a company/retailer named "Clothing Project" then type in "Clothing Project"
|Email * (required)||
the email address of the buyer. The buyer email address is unique, meaning different buyers cannot be using the same email address.
This is also the email address the buyer will be using when logging in to Turis
|Discount||any discount that is unique and specific for this particular buyer, when placing orders. Type in the number and percentage sign (%). E.g. "10%, 15% etc.". You can set whatever discount you want|
Step 3: Convert to CSV and upload to Turis
Once you have added all your retailer data to the template, you can now convert the file to a CSV. You do so by following these steps:
1. Click on File in the upper left corner
2. Then select Save as and select where on your computer you want to save the file
3. Finally, save it as a CSV (Comma delimited)
1. Click on File in the upper left corner
2. Then select Download and choose Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)
Now go back to Turis and into the Bulk uploader section.
Add the buyer template CSV file.
Hit the "Upload" button and your buyer data will be uploaded into Turis.
After your buyers have been uploaded, you will get a 'send invitation emails?' pop up asking; "Should we send invitation emails to uploaded buyers?".
Here you get two options:
- No: clicking "no" means you will just upload the buyer data, but not invite the buyers you just uploaded to start using your Turis webshop.
- Yes, send them now: clicking "yes" means you will send an email invitation to the buyers in the dataset. The email invitation contains a 'set password' link, where the buyer get to set his/hers own personal password. Afterwards the buyer will have a personal login and password to access your Turis webshop at any time.
Your buyer data has now been uploaded to Turis, and can be found and viewed in the 👤 Users section under Buyers.